Intra-company transfer (ICT) visa holders are now able to apply for a further 24 months in South Africa. A new directive was passed allows for re-application of an ICT visa which extends one’s secondment for a further 24 months. This was done by the SA government in an effort to stimulate economic recovery as there is a continued need for foreign skilled labour and foreign investment.
ICT visa holders with visas that expired during the lockdown or that will expire by 31 June 2021 will be eligible to apply for the additional two years in South Africa. Please note that this is for individuals who have been resident in South Africa during the lockdown period.
The re-application of the ICT visa is subject to the following conditions:
- Proof that the South African entity still requires the services of the ICT visa holder.
- Proof that the skill transfer to the SA local was completed as per the initial undertaking.
- The application will be considered a new application with no accumulation and no continuation of the validity period of the current visa.
- The ICT visa will not lead to permanent residency in South Africa.
- The applicant will remain in the employment of the designated employer as per the initial application.
- There’ll be no change of employer, position, status or condition from current visa.
If you’re looking for assistance with your visa, we’re here to help! By using an immigration consultant, you also get the peace of mind of knowing that your application is in the hands of someone up to date on all immigration legislation. Our immigration consultants in South Africa know relocation procedures back to front.
If you’re looking to use an Immigration Consultant for all your immigration needs, make sure you get in touch with us today!
Our team looks forward to hearing from you and assisting you to extend your stay in South Africa for a further two years!
Latest posts by Sherone Lewis (see all)
- Extension of South African visas which expired during the lockdown - May 19, 2021
- List of the 10 critical skills needed in South Africa right now - April 7, 2021
- South Africa’s short-term work visa - March 17, 2021