Are you thinking of living and working in South Africa permanently? The critical skills route offers highly skilled applicants the option of becoming a permanent resident in South Africa. Here’s everything you need to know about South Africa’s Critical Skills Permanent Permit.
When applying for permanent residency under the critical skills category, the main requirement that will determine your eligibility is having 5 years’ appropriate post-graduate qualification work experience. Fortunately, this work experience does not have to come from working in South Africa. Other requirements include proof that occupation is listed on the Critical Skills Occupation list, and you must be registered with a professional body (specific to your occupation).
Should you be in a position where you don’t have relevant post-graduate work experience yet, but would like to come to South Africa to work, you could, but you’d have to apply for a critical skills visa which is temporary residency. As soon as you have 5 years’ relevant work experience, you’ll be able to apply for permanent residency.
Benefits of applying for a Critical Skills Permanent Permit
- Live and work freely in South Africa
- No need to renew your permanent residency permit
- Direct route to South African citizenship
- Obtain a non-South African citizen identity document
Make sure you’re eligible to live and work in South Africa by taking our FREE immigration assessment here. If you need help with getting your Critical Skills Permanent Permit make sure you get in touch with one of our consultants today.
Latest posts by Sherone Lewis (see all)
- 3 Ways Home Affairs will make it easier to visit South Africa - October 16, 2018
- Business visa for South Africa - October 5, 2018
- South Africa will relax visa rules to boost investment and tourism - September 28, 2018